Everything you say is wrong, everything I say is right. You can find my ramblings here.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Do you 'really' want fries with that ?

"Do you want fries with that?"

Ever heard that phrase before?
I'm sure you have.
And probably in popular burger joints around the world.

One such burger joint, amongst the most popular in the world, has been going through something of a downsize in recent times. Sometime back there was a case posed against it for using beef in french fries which caused a lot of issues with the Indian community as beef is 'the forbidden' meat amongst Hindus. Hindus were pissed. And the joint was was sued.

"They deceived the public about beef flavorings in their "vegetarian fries." They got caught. They were sued. They settled in court."


The end result being :

"They made no changes in their fries, which are still beef-flavoring saturated. Sure, the oil is vegetable. But make no mistake about it. There is meat in those luscious Golden Arches french fries."

For the full article click here.

Well, I'm not too much on the 'no beef' scene...to each his own, I suppose.
But my experience with the same burger joint in Malaysia's Genting Highlands definitely shook my faith in the one of the world's most popular eating joints and especially in their "luscious Golden Arches french fries."

Here's what I saw :

[Click to enlarge]

There was a layer of fungus on my friggin fry!!

I mean c'mon man...I like mushrooms but this is ridiculous!

So people...please check your fries before putting them in your mouth.
There may be more going in there.

Cheerio!!
Comix...

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At June 7, 2007 at 2:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Singapore's Genting Highlands???

Genting Highlands is in Malaysia boy! lol

 
At June 7, 2007 at 8:31 PM , Blogger Arjun Chatterjee said...

zet said...

Singapore's Genting Highlands???

Genting Highlands is in Malaysia boy! lol


Ya man sorry about that...went to singapore AND malaysia...typo error..apologies from Comix...lol! Will change it. Thanks for the notice. Cheers! :P

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home